”I joined Kaleidoscope when I was five and have now been a member for seven years. I really enjoy drama and dance because I have great fun and I have improved my acting and dancing skills.” GRACE (12 yrs)
One of Kaleidoscope’s main aims is to help each child boost their confidence. We believe strongly, that every time a child performs, either informally – in front of their class, or in front of a larger audience, they gain just a little more confidence and the next time they come to perform they are likely to have moved up a level and feel more comfortable performing. This also has a very positive knock-on effect in every day life. Children who regularly attend our classes tend to develop strong social skills and are more comfortable in social situations – engaging with others, giving presentations, public speaking, answering questions in class, participating and taking the lead in group work and talking/listening to friends.
What makes us stand out?
- The quality of our teachers – we always employ highly experienced teachers, many are professional performing arts artists with experience from the theatre industry. We have in-house training for our staff, with frequent lesson observations and feedback to develop their practise.
- Our communication to parents – we email and talk to parents directly with show dates and rehearsal schedules etc. so everyone is clear what is happening.
- All of the children in our classes get a part in our performances, not just the same children playing the main parts all the time. Each child is given the opportunity to take on a role which will challenge them but is suitable for their ability.
- Each project is planned in detail by our staff and our lesson plans are differentiated to take on board the needs and ability of each child in the class.
- We offer the children frequent opportunities to contribute their own ideas to the work, so they are not just told what to do. Kaleidoscope children have a say in the work, they take ownership of it and our teachers help them shape those ideas.
We also offer:
- Arts Award training for students who would like to do it. (UCAS points available for some of the Arts Award qualifications)
- Private one-to-one tuition in Drama and Dance.
- Drama exams for those who would like to do them.
- Inset Days for schools.
- Tailor made, curriculum based Drama or Dance workshops/schemes for schools.
- Directing of community theatre productions.
Bookings are now open for Summer School at Priory School from Monday 27th July to Friday 31st July, 2015. We are currently expanding and we will be offering many new classes at venues across Sussex this year.
Kaleidoscope Summer School
27th to 31st July 2015
For a flavour of what we do on our Summer School, have a look at the films and information on our Summer School page.
Early bird special offer – until 10th May.